Tours in Cusco and Machu Picchu
Tailor-made tours for every budget
IT USD  
Page 1 of 11
Possible tour starting 4th September
Shauna C.
31 gen 2009, 06:06

To the reservations manager,

My husband and I are looking to do your 4 day Inca trail hike starting 4 September 2009.

We have looked at many companies and websites, and believe that yours is the most thorough. Although I was working at Flight Centre in Melbourne, we have both quit our jobs to tour Sth America for 5 months. So therefore I do not have a promotional code, can you supply us with one?

We are flying into Lima on 30th August, and were planning to get the train to Cusco on the 1st Sep so that we could look at the scenery on the way, rather than fly. We were then planning to have 2 nights in Cusco and start the hike on maybe the 4th.

My questions for you are;

Do you supply transfers from the train station to a hotel? Is there a hotel or cheap/safe hostel that you could recommend? What is the total price per person at this time, on the backpacker class train?

We would like to book this soon, so I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Kindest Regards

Shauna

Re: Possible tour starting 4th September
01 feb 2009, 20:50

Dear Shauna,

Thank you for your interest in our website and our services. To answer your questions:

- Unfortunately we cannot send you a promotional code because they are exclusively for groups and for travel agencies.

- It is difficult for you to know this from Australia but there is no train between Lima and Cusco. There are only 2 means of transportation: bus and plane. By bus it takes around 22 hours and by plane around 1 hour 10. We recommend the plane to arrive in Cusco not so tired and have enough time to rest before the trek to avoid altitude sickness. If you plan to be there 2 days before the trek, it is fine. Just take a nap after your arrival and eat light and you will be fine :-) .

- Yes, we do transfers also from the bus station. Just send us an email with your arrival information and we will pick you up there.

- We don't work with any hotel/hostel in particular but on the web you can find a lot. We don't recommend anyone because we cannot guarantee the quality of their services.

- The price per person in Economic category (backpacker) is US$ 435.00. You can check our current prices on the page: http://www.inca-trail.com.pe/trek/comparative.php?lg=e. I recommend you to book soon because we are still working with 2008 prices.

Should you anything else, feel free to contact us again.

Kind regards,

Page 1 of 11

Explainations about these messages